GM canola was grown in Australia for the first time in 2008. GM and non-GM canola are kept separate so you have a choice to buy non-GM canola and farmers get higher prices for their non-GM crops. Ring supermarkets and food companies to ask that they only use non-GM canola in their homebrands and in the products they stock.
- Safeway/Woolworths. Phone 1300 767969 Website, Contact form.
- Foodland Phone : +61 8 8351 9233 Fax : +61 8 8351 9235 Contact form
- IGA Phone 1300 135690 Website, Contact form.
- Coles Phone 1800 061 562 Website, Contact form.
- Aldi Customer Enquiry numbers : Victoria : 03-83693000 NSW : 02-9675 9000
Get food manufacturers to keep canola GM free
Goodman Fielder and Unilever are two of Australia's biggest food companies and buy much of the canola grown in Australia. Please ask them to use only GM free canola.